Gary M. Travis – Managing Partner
Hons. B.Sc. (Geology), LL.B.
t: 416-961-5000, ext. 500 | e: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gary M. Travis is a barrister, solicitor and registered Canadian patent and trademark agent whose practice includes intellectual property as well as the drafting and prosecution of patent, trademark, copyright and industrial design applications. He represents a variety of Canadian and international clients in all areas of intellectual property.
Now managing partner at Riches, McKenzie & Herbert LLP, Gary was called to the bar in 1990 and has practiced exclusively in intellectual property law since he joined the firm. Prior to attending law school, Gary completed a degree in geology from the University of Waterloo in 1985 with an Honours Thesis in contaminant hydrology.
Gary has extensive experience in negotiating and drafting both patent and trademark licensing and intellectual property development agreements, and has represented and provided counsel to clients in a variety of intellectual property disputes. He also provides extensive assistance and strategic advice to clients in the registration and maintenance of trademark portfolios in Canada and internationally.
Gary is proud to have received a Certificate of Appreciation for providing pro bono legal advice to prominent Canadian clientele for more than 15 years.
- Barrister & Solicitor, Province of Ontario, 1990
- Registered Canadian Patent Agent, 1992
- Registered Canadian Trademark Agent, 1992
- LL.B., University of Windsor, 1988
- B.Sc. (Hons., Geology), University of Waterloo, 1985
- Industrial designs
- Law Society of Ontario
- Geological Association of Canada
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC)(Fellow)
- The International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI)
- 2019 AIPPI World Congress – London, UK
- 2018 AIPPI World Congress – Cancun, Mexico
- 2017 AIPPI World Congress – Sydney, Australia
- 2016 AIPPI World Congress – Milan, Italy