Thomas McConnell – Associate
t: 416-961-5000, ext. 316 | e: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thomas is a lawyer and registered patent and trademark agent. His practice focuses on helping clients to secure patent protection for their inventions in Canada, the United States and internationally.
Thomas began articling with Riches, McKenzie & Herbert LLP in 2011, and was called to the Bar of Ontario in 2012. He completed the patent agent qualifying examinations in 2014, receiving the Marie F. Morency Memorial Prize for the highest national standing on paper A (patent drafting).
Thomas attended law school at the University of Toronto, where he was awarded the University of Toronto Prize for the highest standing in intellectual property-related courses. Prior to that, he graduated with distinction from Mount Allison University with a Bachelor of Science.
- Barrister & Solicitor, Province of Ontario, 2012
- Registered Patent Agent
- Registered Trademark Agent
- LL.M., University of Toronto, 2018
- J.D., University of Toronto, 2011
- B.Sc. (Biology), Mount Allison University, 2006
- Industrial designs
- Law Society of Ontario
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)