Michael Yun, B.Sc., J.D. – Partner
B.Sc. (Biochem.), J.D.
t: 416-961-5000, ext. 321 | e: firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael Yun is a lawyer, patent agent and trademark agent. His practice focuses on the preparation, filing and prosecution of patent applications related to the areas of chemistry, biochemistry, biotechnology and pharmaceutical science.
Michael has been with Riches, McKenzie & Herbert LLP since 2010. He has prepared and prosecuted patent applications before the Canadian Patent Office and assisted clients with filing and prosecuting patent applications internationally, including in the United States, Europe, Japan and China. Michael also assists clients from other countries with prosecuting Canadian patent applications.
Michael completed an undergraduate degree in chemistry and biochemistry as well as a Juris Doctor degree, both at the University of British Columbia.
In 2013, he received the J. Edward Maybee Memorial Prize for the highest overall mark in that year’s Canadian patent agent examination.
- Barrister & Solicitor, Province of Ontario, 2009
- Registered Trademark Agent
- Registered Patent Agent
- J. Edward Maybee Memorial Prize, highest overall standing in Canadian Patent Agent Qualifying Examination, 2013
- J.D., University of British Columbia, 2008
- B.Sc. (Hons. Biochemistry/Chemistry), University of British Columbia, 2005
- Industrial designs
- Law Society of Ontario
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC)
- Asian Patent Attorney Association (APAA)